Wednesday, April 29, 2009

let the blogging begin...

So looks like I've finally jumped on the blogging bandwagon. I've tried this a couple of times now on Xanga (back in the college years) and MySpace, failing miserably on both attempts. Though I had good intentions, I just couldn't commit to posting on a regular basis. I promise, this time I'll be better!

Just a few things to expect on this brand spanking new blog...
  • Running Routes - I love when people post routes...it's one less thing I need to worry about before heading out on a run! Over the past 3 years, I've come across some awesome routes and some duds. I'll be sure to post my findings!
  • Restaurants - I love all (well, almost all - we'll discuss this later) kinds of food and a good bargain. I'll share my favorites if you share yours :)
  • Recipes - In this economy, I can't afford to eat out ALL the time...even if they are cheap eats! I love to experiment with recipes, especially for friends. Hopefully I can start keeping track of all my food experiements here.
  • Doodads, Gadgets and Treats - I'm one of those people that is easily amused by gadgets, food in fun packaging and doodads. Yes, I said doodads. It's a fun word. If I see something nifty online or in a store, you bet there will be a post about it.
  • Travel - I love (what don't I love) traveling. In the past three years I've been to Grenada, China, Japan, Argentina and Uruguay. There are so many other places I'd like to visit, but work keeps getting in the way ;).
  • Races - For those who like to nerd out on running like I do, I'm going to post mini reviews of the races I run. Last year I ran a lot of new races and had no idea what to expect. Let's take the NYC Half for example. Yes, I heard somewhere that there were hills. I didn't know that all of Central Park would be rolling hills. I also didn't know that Times Square on a Sunday in July smelled like a bar full of stale beer and trash. Now I know.
Stay tuned :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't you think there should be a comment about your fabulous guest contributor: Mr. James A. Johnson?

Kara said...

yay for new blogs!

and thanks for the running advice. i did start taking glucosamine and i might try to start taking the one with all 3 of the supplements that are good for joints.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! said...

hey~ just found your blog through Sophia's. it's so cool that you like travel a lot. me too. And coincidentally I lived in two of the places that you visited: China and Argentina! :)
looking forward to read more!