Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You don't say...

It's February already?? Crazy.

So Chef Jamie was out in full force recently and he sent me this recipe for Avocado Tuna Salad. He said his attempt (with some subs and add-ins) wasn't too flavorful, so I made a few modifications of my own. Tasty factor: TBD.

Avocado Tuna Salad
2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
3 tbsp carrots, finely diced
1 small shallot, minced
3 tbsp celery, finely chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, diced
1 chipotle chile, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp light mayo
1 clove garlic, grated
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste

Combine ingredients in a large container, cover and refrigerate overnight.

I must say, I took a little nibble before shutting the container and the chipotle pepper added just the right amount of heat. So glad I resisted the urge to splash some Texas Pete in there! O yes, did I mention Jamie brought me some much needed Texas Pete on his last trip?? I still can't believe they don't have it out here!

Cannot wait to make a lunch sammich with this mix! I love guacamole and I love tuna salad sammiches....this has great potential!

Have you made any crazy flavor combinations lately?

1 comment:

MarathonVal said...

I'm so jealous of anyone that can get a good, fresh avocado this time of year. I bought a couple last week because I was going through withdrawal, but it's just not the same in the winter!