Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hello Spring!

Such a gorgeous day in the District! I'm finally done with jury duty and since we got out early, I was able to squeeze in a much needed run/walk outside. AMAZING! Not going to lie, I wasn't exactly a speed or distance demon and I'm really bummed that this weekend's half is going to be a rough jog. Bleh.

Anyway, my brain is completely fried from earlier this week (more on that at a later date) so I'm just going to leave you with my dinner creation. Hope everyone is having a fun St. Patrick's Day!
Pasta with Tangy Spicy Broccoli Rabe
1/2 bunch broccoli rabe, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp chili garlic paste
3 tbsp goat milk feta
freshly ground black pepper
1.5 c pasta, cooked and drained
1/4 c reserved pasta water

Heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Saute onion and chili garlic paste for 3-4 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add broccoli rabe and cook for 3 minutes before adding pasta sauce. Stir and lower heat. Add pasta, feta, black pepper and some pasta water. Stir to coat pasta and let cook for another minute or two before serving.

A completely random, but delicious creation. I had leftover broccoli rabe from this weekend's dinner and some leftover sauce and goat milk feta from the previous weekend's dinner. I HAD to use these ingredients and luckily they went pretty well together :)

3 comments:

MarathonVal said...

Yay for being done with jury duty!! :)

Unknown said...

Broccoli rabe is your JAM!

Kelly said...

I love how colorful that meal is- so nice and spring ish :)