Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Shh. It's a secret.

This afternoon I took a lunchtime adventure with some of my fellow jurors (jurymates?). I figured, I've seen these people 3 days a week for the past 5 weeks...it's safe to socialize ;p

After flipping a coin, seven of us wandered over to Chinatown to Mehak Indian Cuisine. I had seen this place a million times when we lived in Chinatown, but I don't think I've ever stepped inside. Apparently a couple folks stopped in last week and were raving about the lunch special - Mini Thali (choice of Lamb, chicken, Vegetable or Vegan Curry with Basmati Rice, Raita/Salad, Beans, Jeera aloo, chef's appetizer, papadum and chutneys) for the reasonable price of $9.95!

I wish I had a camera on me (they take away cameras, including phone cameras every morning) because this was a MASSIVE lunch platter. No joke. I did some Googling and found this on the Yelp page, which is close...I think this has more stuff though:
I went with the Chicken Korma platter, though I totally lusted over the Lamb Curry platter most of the table ordered :/ It was a pretty solid lunch, not the most flavorful I've had, but it was good and filling. It definitely wins for best lunch value in that general area (well, until I try the Chinatown Express $5.95 lunch special - saw a sign on the walk back).

It was actually really nice to chat with people outside of the jury room. I even picked up nifty cheap travel tidbits! For cheap European vacation packages, Untours is the way to go. Basically you get set up with a rental car and accommodations for a reasonable price (I guess sort of like condos/furnished apartments) and then you're off and on your own!

Another site that came up in conversation - CouchSurfing.com. I had read about this before and thought it was pretty cool...maybe not for everyone, but a fun idea. The site allows travelers to network and share accommodations. I mean, I'd be a bit hesitant to just open my home to a random traveler from a website, but that's just me.

After jury duty, my crazy long hair and I had a date with Roberto at Bang Salon at the Verizon Center. Is it bad that this is the least amount of time between haircuts for me (November - March)?? Anyway, I got a chunk of hair cut off because I was just not feeling the long long locks.
This is my squinty, I don't really know how to pose face. I'm pretty sure I've had my haircut this way before...or something similar. I'm also beginning to realize that perhaps the new glasses and new haircut combo aren't exactly helping minimize round face. Boo. Or maybe I just shouldn't make that face hahaa.

My hair grows like weeds so we'll see how long this 'do lasts. Not really worried though, Roberto's cuts always grow out fabulously...perfect for lazy me that gets a haircut twice a year. HA.

That's all I've got for now. I'm hoping to get back into the kitchen tomorrow night - I've got some broccolini that needs some attention ;)

6 comments:

MarathonVal said...

I think you look great! And cute necklaces :)

Janice said...

I like the new hair cut! I'm due for one soon.

Unknown said...

I like the haircut - I think it's super cute.

That lunch tray looks so good, I wish we had more ethnic food options in Indianapolis!

Stephanie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair!!! so cute!!

Travel Eat Love said...

Super cute hair, and ohmygod amazing looking plate of food!

Kelly said...

That stinks that they take your camera- I can't go anywhere without it!

I'm glad you got some yummy food, definitely safe to socialize!