Monday, March 22, 2010

Vacation is so close I can smell it!

This time tomorrow I'll be landing in San Francisco! Hooray! I should be packing and cleaning, but instead I'm blogging ;p

I grabbed a late lunch today and since I didn't go grocery shopping, I had to buy (sad). I've been wanting to check out Mixt Greens, a new salad spot that filled in the space Organic to Go left.
From their website:
"Eco: our business puts the earth first from the food we serve (organic, sustainable, local) to the take-away containers we use (made from 100% compostable corn) to the spaces we occupy (built with renewable, recycled, and environmentally friendly materials).

Gourmet: our menu is the creation of executive chef Andrew Swallow, our food is prepared in house with the freshest, highest quality, organic, and locally sourced ingredients, we research the source of each ingredient to ensure it lives up to our high standards."
Local ingredients, fresh greens, tons of toppings - SOLD!

I was a little overwhelmed at first and I finally settled on the Cowboy (romaine hearts, herb marinated grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, black beans, sharp cheddar, red onion, point reyes blue cheese dressing with a chipotle honey drizzle).
It was pretty good, maybe a few too many onions for my taste. I really liked the dressing too! I'm not really a blue cheese dressing sort of girl, so I really liked that this was pretty mild. The chipotle honey drizzle provided a really nice smokey kick...we all know how I like my spice!

I'm almost ashamed to admit that upon first bite, I was a little surprised at the large lettuce leaves. Haha. WOW. They weren't even that big...I think I've had one too many Chop't salads. My o my.

Anyway, I'm definitely going back to Mixt to check out their sandwich options. The descriptions were making me drool in line! How do you like your salad? Lots of toppings? Chopped?

Off to pack!! Feel free to send over any San Francisco food/drink/activity suggestions...I've got a whole week :) :)

**So I just grabbed my laundry and I think it's time to retire this shirt. What do you think?
HAH! I've had this since high school - I think it wins for oldest item of clothing in my closet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the half! There is no way I could run/jog a half on a whim just yet! Have a great time in San Fran!!