Hey all, I'll have a full race recap at some point tomorrow, but for now I'll leave you with these tidbits:
- ran the whole thing b/c I felt FIIIINE until like 24 miles in when I started feeling a little pang inside my ankle (same ankle w/the achilles pain)
- V was running STRONG!
- I love having a cheering section!!
- Temporary tattoo was a STICKER and the majority of it fell off at mile 4. I think I was allergic to said tattoo because I now have some skin discoloration on my right leg. WTF.
- V and I were on track to finish in 4:56ish for the first 30k, but that damn 14th Street bridge is the END of me!
- Sport Beans were actually not bad when I grabbed a pack on the mall
- I had a Mocha Clif Shot at the start and didn't eat any of my gels for the rest of the race. MEH?
- I think next year my long run will max out at 22 since I've fallen apart around that mile marker every single marathon. It's a sign.
- Even though I came in at 5:10, I still PR'd...only by a minute, but freaking awesome considering I went into it injured!