Monday, January 18, 2010

Ah yes, good day indeed :)

Sorry for that spastic first post. I was way too excited to download all my recent food adventures that just kept piling up in my camera! I guess I'll just add the recipes onto that post??

Just got back from a nice long gym session - I put in 50 minutes of QT with the elliptical machine! I think that's a big deal for me, no?? I also did a 10 minute shuffle on the treadmill, which bothered me a little more than my 20 minute adventure on Friday. I think it might be because I attempted to stop heel striking, but maybe it's too soon. I'll take it. 10 minutes of shuffling is better than nothing.

I had another fun playlist with some songs that actually had me grinning since they were pretty old and brought back memories. Ahh, college.

Beija Flor - Thievery Corporation
Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas
All That We Needed - Plain White T's
Body Movin' - Beastie Boys
Flight Tonight - The Avalanches
Straight Out the Jungle - Jungle Brothers

I was pretty surprised that I was able to stay down there so long...perhaps it was my brunch of champions:
After seeing a couple of Allison's posts (Green Dog Wine) on Spicy Oats, I was determined to try them.

I didn't have any sausage handy so my spicy oats contained oats, one egg (microwaved scrambled), shredded cheddar cheese and a whole lotta sriracha! Verdict? Savory, spicy oats = yummy in my tummy!

Why on earth did I have a container of oats in my home? Well, I was busy baking up a storm since I'm sending a package over to Jamie this week. It appears he's in need of some items that he can't find on base so I figured I'd toss in some goodies.

I took a basic chewy oatmeal cookie recipe from Smitten Kitchen (who btw, has a lot of fun recipes - two thumbs up for the Dal recipe which I'll write about later), subbed in some ingredients and voila! Oatmeal Raisin with Dark Chocolate Chips and
Oatmeal Crasin with White Chocolate Chips!
Personally, I prefer the craisin one. Basically, I doubled the recipe, using 1/2 c butter and 1/2 c shortening. Then I split the dough into two bowls and subbed in the chips for the nuts. Very easy and delicious!

No comments: