Friday, August 20, 2010

Back in action.

So you know how I was bummed last weekend about my two failed attempts at getting a 16 miler in? Well, guess I just needed the rest because last night's Sunset Run rocked. :)
I was a little concerned since late nights at work kept me from the runs I had planned on Monday and Tuesday...how on earth was I going to survive Saturday's 18 miler without a midweek run?? Luckily I had registered for the last Sunset Run of the season. Scooted out of the office early and hoped the fog would hold out, but no such luck.
Notice something missing from this picture?? Perhaps the GGB? Yeah, that fog is no joke. It was FREEEEEZING on the Marina Green, but once we got moving I appreciated the chill. It took me awhile to get into a comfortable pace, but eventually I pulled it together and finished 5.05 miles in 47 minutes. My cough even held out for the whole run! Woooo!

How do your runs go after a mini break? Does your body appreciate the time out?

No comments: