Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh my.

It's been ages since I last posted! I've had a pretty crazy week since we got back on Monday, but I wanted to do a quick post to let you all know I haven't forgotten about blogging! For now, here are a few pics from vacation...more photos and details will follow this weekend.
Checking out maps on the steps of the Hungarian National Gallery

Yummy gelato in the shape of a flower from Gelato Rosa

Wandering in Heroes' Square

Chain Bridge at night

Why on earth am I up so early and posting? Well, since I took a week off of running (yeah, that 17 miler pre-plane ride didn't happen and it was a good thing because my feet were crazy swollen w/o the run!) and have the Parks Half Marathon this Sunday, I feel compelled to cram a few runs in this week...you know, to um...catch up. Unfortunately, I've got a few evening events (work and fun) going on so it's forcing me to run in the mornings...and we know how terrible I am at those ;p

I was actually able to get up a little before 6am yesterday, no problem. Unfortunately, my legs weren't too thrilled with my decision and I had a MISERABLE first run back. AGH. To make up for it I ended up running a couple stairs and doing some strength work (squats, abs, hip abduction/adduction). Um, legs hurt. Ha. Pretty sure seeing these folks running outside of our hotel was a sign that I should have run over vacation...
Yep, the Budapest Half Marathon

This morning, I set my alarm for 5:40 and was down at the gym a little before 6 (yes, it took awhile for me to actually get out of bed). I was the FIRST ONE! haha. I don't think that's ever happened before. Today's 3 miles weren't exactly a breeze, but it felt a lot better. Wooo! Now I won't feel bad about grabbing some bevvies after work :)

I'm off to get ready for work. Thank god it's Thursday! Bear with me as I try to get back into the swing of things...we haven't even unpacked all the fun stuff we brought back! oops :\ Hope everyone had fantastic Labor Day weekends! Google Reader is PACKED so I'll be catching up this afternoon.

Random - blogger just told me I'm using 60% of my image space. Uh oh. That's not a lot left...help?

5 comments:

Rosey Rebecca said...

Welcome back!! Can't wait to see vacay pics! You'll get back into the swing of things soon!

Jen Feeny said...

Great pics! Welcome back girl!

B.o.B. said...

Welcome back. Great pics and so awesome that you caught that half marathon.

Can't help you on the photo space. Hopefully someone else can.

Great job getting up this morning. Dedication pays off.

Anonymous said...

hi! welcome back!

that gelato looks AMAZING! how did they do that?!!

Anonymous said...

Yay you're back! :D
That gelato is gorge.