Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm mean

Kinda.

So I got slammed at work today and ended up getting stuck in the office until 9pm trying to tie up a bunch of loose ends. ARGH! That meant no track workout for me :( I sent the boys off on what might be the toughest track workout yet - 1.5 mi warm up and then ladder time! 400m run, 400m jog, 200m run, 200m jog, 100m run, 100m jog...repeat 3 times. In my haste to pull together a workout, I failed to mention that they could have a 2 minute recovery jog between sets. SORRY!!!! :(

Dinner tonight was fast and spastic. I threw together some 'ramen' for Jamie as I cleaned out the fridge. There's no real recipe to this...I just toss in a little bit of everything from the fridge/cabinets. Usually I start out with an actual package of ramen, but the shiratake noodles really needed to be eaten. I don't recommend using them in the future for this.

I started out with this:
Instant Dashi! It's like asian boullion ;) Dashi is the base for a lot of Japanese soups and simmering liquids and is typically made from kelp and bonito. These little granules are fantastic!

I threw the granules in with water, some other random sauces, arugula (o yes), soybeans, and some Japanese pepper:
Then I threw an egg in during the last few minutes of cooking for some protein.
According to Jamie, it was kinda blah. I should have known...it only took 10 minutes to make :\

While I was digging around the fridge, I saw we had some leftover deli meat so I made myself a goat cheese, arugula and turkey sandwich. I passed on the 'ramen' b/c I just wasn't feeling salt or soup.

Here it is up close and personal:
Ok, off to pack now...at 10pm...when we have to be in the car at 4am...yaaaaahhh. Vacation is SO CLOSE!!!! First on our SF agenda? Duck tour on the bay. quack.

No comments: