Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trashy TV Tuesday!

For some reason I decided to turn 90210 on this evening when I got home from my run. I also intend to watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey. Yes, I grew up in New Jersey and I'll admit I got a little excited when I saw the previews. This show will be absolutely ridiculous (as most reality shows based in or on New Jersey are).

This "new" 90210 is totally over my head. I don't have a clue who any of these characters are or what their relationships are. I also think it's weird that this one character just said 'You totally looked on my Facebook page to find out about me!' Weird. Awkward. Moving on...

Tuesdays and Thursdays are kinda boring kitchen days for me since I don't get done running until late. Luckily I had leftovers from lunch. I met up with some old coworkers for a birthday lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. I got the
Tricolore Salad Pizza (Caramelized Parmesan pizza crust topped with chilled arugula, baby red leaf lettuce, radicchio, diced tomatoes and shaved Parmesan cheese with our homemade Dijon balsamic vinaigrette dressing) which was MASSIVE. It's like having a dinner-sized salad plopped onto a thin crust pizza 'plate'.


I ended up only eating 2 slices during lunch so I chomped down on 3 slices for dinner. Thought I deserved it after this evening's run.

Since I live in the land of hills and my butt can only handle one hilly run a week (long story), I decided to meet my usual running buddy downtown for a somewhat flat run by the monuments. It was absolutely gorgeous out this evening - 66 degrees, slight breeze, amazing. We ran down to the mall and saw a bunch of people playing kickball and softball and I realized how scared I am about running near softball games. See, once upon a time during church league softball, I threw a ball a little too far out and totally hit a random pedestrian in the head. I'm so nervous about it coming back to haunt me in the form of a stray foul ball while I'm running. No joke, I actually picture this happening while I run on the mall. Thankfully, I made it back safe :)

AGH! Almost forgot. Around 4:30 I snacked on this:
I first read about the LUNA Cookie on Meghann's blog and FINALLY tracked some down at Whole Foods this weekend. I grabbed a Chocolate Mint (b/c mint and chocolate are always fantastic together) and a Peanut Butter Chocolate one to test out. Ate the Chocolate Mint one today and OMG. Thumbs down :( I LOVE Clif ZBars and I was expecting this to be pretty much the same. nono. I think maybe just the mostly chocolate ones bother me? My favorite Clif Z Bar is the Chocolate Chip...I tried the Chocolate Brownie one once and wasn't really into it. I have high hopes for the Peanut Butter Chocolate LUNA Cookie though. I'm saving that for Thursday night :)

Major dinner experiment tomorrow night. Fingers crossed it turns out edible!

*I just turned on the Real Housewives of NYC Reunion - Ramona is a whack job. I don't even understand how this woman's mind works. However, I CAN'T STOP WATCHING. What is wrong with me??


1 comment:

Quinn said...

She is a whack job. As is Kelly. As is Alex. As is the Countess. They are all nuts.

You are too funny about the ball flying at you! I can just see you running down there with your hands over your face!