Monday, June 1, 2009

Training Schedule

As most of you already know, I'm about to begin training for my third marathon. I'm really really excited since I'm staying local and running the Marine Corps Marathon this year. I've heard a ton of great things about the race and I'm looking forward to seeing familiar faces along the race route (both spectators AND runners)...a big change from my first two marathons.

Another change I'm making this year is that I'm actually going to stick to my workout schedule...and I'm hoping this blog will help keep me in check. I've realized that finding the motivation to do a long run on a Saturday morning is a piece of cake (for the most part). Getting my butt out there to run after a long day of work - not so easy. I know I'm capable of finishing - I've done it twice already! I also know that when I actually focus and stick to a schedule (as I did for the National Half Marathon this year), I am also capable of surpassing my time goals.

That being said, I've equipped myself with a handful of running buddies in hopes that if one bails, there will still be another to keep me company on those brutal long summer runs. I am also posting my schedule on here with the intent to keep you updated on how things go. Here's hoping it works and I finish with a new PR!!



No comments: