Friday, June 19, 2009

We don't live in the dorms!

Sorry for not posting last night :(

After an almost FOURTEEN hour workday (of actual work and only 2 mini blog-reading breaks), I got home around 10pm and couldn't imagine sitting in front of a computer. I shoved some food into my mouth because I was STARVING. I definitely didn't anticipate being at work that late so I didn't pack enough food :\

I think I finally fell asleep around 11 or so and then at 1 am the fire alarm starts blaring. Thankfully we live on the first floor so I basically sleepwalked outside. A few minutes later, the fire department moseys (literally) in and when we're finally let back into the building I find out that the fire alarm was PULLED. SERIOUSLY?? We do not live in the dorms! I don't care if you're wasted and visiting your college friends that just so happen to live in this building. IT IS NOT COOL TO PULL A FIRE ALARM. UGH.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper last night or this morning when I had to be up super early (for me at least), to pull together a fairly substantial breakfast before heading out to DC Central Kitchen and my part time job.

I was inspired by yesterday morning's HungryGirl newsletter about microwaved eggs. A friend of mine had suggested I keep some Egg Beaters in my work fridge and do these egg scrambles. I thought it was kinda weird at first, but they're not bad! Definitely not the same as scrambling them in a pan, but they were glorious after having a month of boring oatmeal!

No Egg Beaters at home, so here are my 2 eggs all beaten with a pinch of Kraft 2% Mexican Style Cheese, 1 slice of ham chopped up, and 1 tsp of salsa.
Stir it all together and put in the microwave for 2:45, stirring every 30 seconds or so and you get...

A fast, one mug breakfast!

I'm hoping this will tide me over for the morning...I'll definitely have to stop and buy a snack on the way to the running store because we don't really have any on the go food right now. Speaking of food in the apartment...I think something must have died in the back of our fridge. I opened it up and almost fell over there was such a potent stank. Jamie tossed anything that might have smelled yesterday (no we don't keep things for obscene amounts of time), but it still stinks! Eek.

Why I love working at a running store reason #457:
Standard outfit is jeans and a dri-release logo tee :) PEERRRRFECT for muggy, 80 degree days like today is supposed to be. No gross, sweaty meee!

I'll try to post again this afternoon before we head off to Baltimore (twice in less than a month!). Jamie and I are running the Baltimore 10 Miler tomorrow morning and crashing at a friend's tonight. I'm all sorts of wound up from stress so I'm hoping to also squeeze in a super easy jog at some point today. I NEEEED it.

Crazy busy weekend to follow a crazy week!

4 comments:

Val said...

Yuck, that reminds me of college days too of the endless fire alarms! Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!

Mia {runs and rests} said...

Ugh, that is so not cool. :s
Good luck on your 10 miler!

Anonymous said...

I read that Hungry Girl email--I'm not too sure I'd like eggs from the microwave!

Karena said...

Surprisingly the microwaved egg scramble wasn't too far off as far as texture is concerned. You should test one out!:)