It’s been pleasantly quiet at work this week so I was browsing the Google Reader (might be the best thing ever!) and saw that Julia over at Chocolate Shoestrings passed the Honest Scrap award to me. YAY fun! :)
Here are the deets:
The rules are to link back to the presenter, share 10 things about yourself that your readers may not know that are true, and then pass it on and notify the people you pass the award on to!!
- I'm picky about socks - like weird, fit-throwing, won't put the same pair on even if they were only on for a split second.
- My guilty pleasure/I don't have to cook for anyone dish - Instant Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Cheese and Hot Sauce...all mixed up in a big bowl.
- Cashews make me nauseous.
- I'm convinced the girly gene got knocked out of me at some point - I can't accessorize or decorate to save my life. I dress for comfort and cuteness is an afterthought/perk.
- I wear one piece of jewelry at all times - a Tiffany bean necklace I got in HS. I don't ever take it off...mostly because I'm too lazy and/or will promptly lose it.
- Jamie cooks all the rice in the apartment because I'm terrible at making rice.
- I talk a lot when I'm nervous, which is weird because I consider myself to be pretty introverted.
- Condiments out number actual food products in our apartment.
- I can only swim underwater and the backstroke. I look like a drowning child when I swim freestyle.
- I think I'd like to eventually take on a 50k or (if I ever get that swimming thing down) a triathlon. We'll see...
While I’d like to pass this on to a bunch of fellow bloggers, I'll just keep it to a select few faves that haven't done something similar to this:
Mel at She Runs Brooklyn – her posts always make me chuckle in the morning!
Paige at Running Around Normal – she has great food and workout posts! Plus her pup, Niko, is ADORABLE ;)
- New blog title has arrived - Run Beans, Run. I'll eventually explain where the 'Beans' came from. (There will be a few more blog changes in the future (mostly layout), but hopefully you don't freak out when you see a different title pop up!) I've asked my talented graphic designer friend to work on a header graphic for me, but she's pretty swamped with designing wedding invitations for friends...so it might be awhile til that gets updated!
- Parks Half Marathon it is!
- Running after I work both jobs on a weeknight is just not going to happen. It's about time I accepted this.
Jamie's bowl with just snap peas and cucumber
And mine with all the green veggies (snap peas, cucumber, broccoli) in our fridge!
Overall I thought it was a tasty sauce! It was a tad spicy (even for me!) so we threw in some more honey and peanut butter. Next time I'm thinking about eliminating the chili flakes or reducing the amount of chili sauce. I also had visions of maybe inviting some fish sauce to the party?? I know, I know, I like to add fish sauce to everything.
Is there a condiment that always finds its way into your dishes?