As you may have noticed, I’ve had the Philly Distance Run on my to-do list for awhile now. I’ve wanted to run this since earlier this year when I read so many great things about the flat, fast and scenic course. However, I can’t really justify a weekend trip to Philly right now – I’m assuming the cost for accommodations would do me in. Plus, it doesn’t quite fit in properly with my MCM training schedule (even with some moving around).
slacking off at work yesterday, I started digging around for some other race options (can you tell I have an addiction??) and came across the Parks Half Marathon that conveniently starts in Gaithersburg, MD and ends in nearby Bethesda. It also happens to fall on a 13 mile training run weekend…hmmm. It’s a smaller race and goes through a few parks and trails in Montgomery County and has a few rolling hills. It could be fun?
Here are some of my faves, plus a few more I am guilty of:
- you've lost a toenail. And you tell people, "It's not that bad."
- you smirk when non-runners ask you, "So how long is this marathon?"
- you get an invitation to a wedding and you automatically think about what race the date will conflict with
- you wear your running watch even when you're not running.
- your running partners know more about your bodily functions than your significant other
- you use the words "easy" and "long run" in the same sentence.
- you cross the finish line of a marathon and you start considering where and when the next one will be.
- You think 40 degrees is warm, and the ideal temperature falls between 45 and 60.
- You know, in tenth of a mile increments, how far everything within a 10 mile radius of your house is, and describe how to get places as “the short and fast way”, “the long and EZ way”, or “the hilly way”.
- You generate more laundry than a newborn.
- You believe a T-shirt sleeve is a perfectly acceptable substitute for a tissue.
- No one believes you when you say “never again”.
- You plan vacations and family outings around races.
Now that I think I’ve finally gotten a grasp of juggling 2 jobs, volunteering, blogging and running, I think it’s time to revamp the blog. I secretly (and now not so secretly) hate the green. I want a clean and simple template! Since I’ve found the one and only Run, Eat, Repeat (and she’s now in nearby Maryland!), I think it’s about time I re-thought my blog title. This is no small feat – it took me quite some time to come up with Run, eat, repeat…and apparently it wasn’t even original! I was thinking about just going with Run Beans, Run since it’s already in my web address. Thoughts?
Prepare yourselves folks, DC Restaurant Week is among us (well, almost)! From August 24-30, over 180 area restaurants will be offering three-course, fixed-price meals for lunch ($20.09) and dinner ($35.09). Thanks to foodwanderlust for the reminder!! Be sure to make your reservations early :)
Tonight's HOT and HUMID 3 mile run wasn't exactly fun, but we chugged on through! I was starving when we got back so I whipped up what I am going to call Pizza Pasta:
It was everything leftover from our pizzas mixed in with pasta and it tasted deeelicious :)
2 cups chiocciole pasta, cooked and drained
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 small onion, sliced
1/2 c fresh mozzerella, cubed
1/3 c pepperoni, sliced
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (I used a jar of fra diavolo)
Heat olive oil in a pan, saute onion for 3 minutes and add pepperoni. Cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir constantly until spinach is wilted.
Add pasta sauce, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add pasta and mozzerella.
SOOO YUMMY :) I betcha it would be even better if you switched out the spinach for arugula ;)
I'm off to shower and foam roll. I leave you with this fun bottle cap from Jamie's post-dinner/soccer catch-up beer: